Saturday, October 8, 2011

Settling In

We've been in our house for almost a month, and I'm beginning to get tired of not feeling *really* moved in yet. We still have boxes to unpack (just a few) and things that haven't been assigned a permanent home yet (quite a few). But I feel like I can only get ahead a teensy bit at a time, and even then only at the expense of regular household maintenance like laundry and dishes. It's tempting at times to wear the same outfit all next week and eat off paper plates just to see how much progress I could make on other projects!

The best advice I've seen so far was from "The Fly Lady", who said something along the lines of "you didn't pack in a day so don't expect to unpack in a day either". Even so, I wish I could make my progress just a little bit faster!

How do you get ahead on laundry and dishes? Or do you feel like you're always playing catch-up too?

No comments :