- Nutter Butter Bites
- Hershey's Kisses
- Mini chocolate chips (any brand)
- Twist apart each Nutter Butter bite and set the sides with the filling still on them filling-side-up on a plate. These will be your acorn caps and the filling is your glue for this stage.
- Unwrap Hershey's kisses. These are your acorn bodies.
- Gently press a Hershey's kiss onto each filling-covered Nutter Butter bite half (I recommend letting little helpers eat the rejected halves of the Nutter Butter Bites).
- Melt some of the mini chocolate chips plus a teaspoon of milk per quarter cupish of chocolate chips. I used a Pyrex measuring cup and the microwave; a double boiler system would produce slightly smoother chocolate but you'll be using such a small quantity that I think the difference wouldn't even be noticeable.
- Dip unmelted mini chocolate chips one at a time into the molten chocolate so just their base gets some of the molten chocolate on them (this is your glue).
- Press the mini chocolate chip with the molten chocolate on its base onto the top of each Nutter Butter bite half to make a little stem.
|I found it easiest to dip the mini chips in the spoon!|
|My version of Nutter Butter Bites/Hershey's Kiss acorns!|