Saturday, November 19, 2011

Nutter Butter Bite Acorn Cookies!

When I saw these super cute acorn cookies on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to make them. It turned out the link didn't end up being to a tutorial, just a picture though, so I had to make up my own technique for reaching that end result, and wanted to share it with you:

Ingredients:
  • Nutter Butter Bites
  • Hershey's Kisses
  • Mini chocolate chips (any brand)

How-to:

  • Twist apart each Nutter Butter bite and set the sides with the filling still on them filling-side-up on a plate. These will be your acorn caps and the filling is your glue for this stage.
  • Unwrap Hershey's kisses. These are your acorn bodies.
  • Gently press a Hershey's kiss onto each filling-covered Nutter Butter bite half (I recommend letting little helpers eat the rejected halves of the Nutter Butter Bites).
  • I found it easiest to dip the mini chips in the spoon!
  • Melt some of the mini chocolate chips plus a teaspoon of milk per quarter cupish of chocolate chips. I used a Pyrex measuring cup and the microwave; a double boiler system would produce slightly smoother chocolate but you'll be using such a small quantity that I think the difference wouldn't even be noticeable.
  • Dip unmelted mini chocolate chips one at a time into the molten chocolate so just their base gets some of the molten chocolate on them (this is your glue).
  • Press the mini chocolate chip with the molten chocolate on its base onto the top of each Nutter Butter bite half to make a little stem.
  • Allow to cool/dry, arrange cutely, and attempt not to eat them all prior to Thanksgiving!

My version of Nutter Butter Bites/Hershey's Kiss acorns!

2 comments :

Chrissy said...

We made these last fall! They were so much fun! Thanks for sharing at our Mommy Club Linky Party! I can't wait to see more ideas and projects that you have!

P Bybee said...

They look so cute! And it looks easy. I should make this sometime!