Thursday, March 29, 2012

Double Chocolate Banana Bread

I'm attempting to bake bread 50ish times in 2012 and post lots of recipes, pics and tips. I hope I inspire you to bake too!

I had a trio of bananas quickly browning, and my son was begging for chocolate chips, so I decided to bake chocolate banana bread. I found a recipe online, tweaked it a little, and here's what I came up with:

What you need:
  • 3 brown bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 dash salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

What you do:
  • Mash the bananas up. I like to leave them a little chunky, but you can mash them as much as you want.
  • Add the sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla and mix.
  • Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and mix.
  • Add the chocolate chips and mix.
  • Pour into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle granulated sugar on top.
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 60 minutes or until a tootpick comes out clean.

No comments :