I had a trio of bananas quickly browning, and my son was begging for chocolate chips, so I decided to bake chocolate banana bread. I found a recipe online, tweaked it a little, and here's what I came up with:
What you need:
- 3 brown bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
What you do:
- Mash the bananas up. I like to leave them a little chunky, but you can mash them as much as you want.
- Add the sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle granulated sugar on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 60 minutes or until a tootpick comes out clean.