Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Embroidered Jellybean Towel

I'm sewing my mom a kitchen towel every month in 2012 as her Christmas present for 2011, and I'm posting each month about the designs and techniques I use!

For April, I chose this adorable jellybean pattern that the amazingly talented Mollie from Wild Olive posted free on her blog last year.


 I decided to do it as a sampler, so I did a different stitch on each jelly bean! I used backstitch, running stitch, split stitch, chain stitch, stem stitch, and scroll stitch. I drew on the eyes with my water soluble pen, but then didn't stitch them because they just didn't seem to fit with the pastels when I tried it in black. I thought any color dark enough to show up well wouldn't work well with the pastels, and my mom isn't big on cutesy faces for decor items anyway, so I just left them out. But you can still see them in this picture from my tracing pen. Anyway, here's how my towel turned out:
I actually stitched it while feeding my toddler breakfast, so there is definitely still time to stitch one up for this weekend if you need something Eastery for yourself or as a hostess gift for whomever you are visiting!

No comments :