Friday, April 6, 2012

Felt Bunny Finger Puppet Pattern & Tutorial (repost)

I originally posted this in March 2010, but thought it would be fun to share it again! It takes less than an hour to do, so there's definitely still time to make one or more for Sunday. It'd also be a fun craft for an older kid with basic sewing skills (and could be made by a non-sewer with glue instead, although it wouldn't be as durable)

After how well my monkey finger puppet turned out, I decided to make more. With Easter right around the corner, I thought some seasonal animals would be especially fun. So here's my white Easter Bunny finger puppet:


I'm partial to white rabbits-I even had one myself in elementary school (I named her Rosebud and called her "Rosie"). But bunnies come in a variety of colors, so feel free to make black, brown, & gray bunnies too! If you do use a different color, consider putting an oval of white or cream felt on the tummy (like on the monkey finger puppet) for extra cuteness. Anyway, I used a combination of blanket stitch & back stitch to make this rabbit finger puppet and it definitely took way less than an hour total to do-maybe 15-30 minutes?


I'm planning to make a couple more springy animals-a sheep, frog, and duck, and I'm going to put them in my toddler's Easter basket. I'll post patterns for any that turn out well so you can try them too!

Click here to get to my free printable bunny finger puppet PDF pattern on google docs.

No comments :