Monday, June 11, 2012

Cure for the Mondays-June 11, 2012

On Mondays I post ideas I've seen in the past week that made me laugh, smile, and want to create. I hope they brighten your day too, especially if you've got a "case of the Mondays"! I've been sick and taking care of a sick preschooler the last week or so, so I definitely needed some inspiration myself this week!

I'm on my favorite fashion blog, Ain't No Mom Jeans, today with an outfit I thought was cute, but was worried wasn't stylish enough to leave my backyard in. ANMJ reassured me that I actually figured out a really cool outfit, so I'll definitely be sporting it again :)


This Nutella swirl pound cake looks like it'd probably be as delicious as it was terrible for me:

This idea is brilliant: use the pens from the frosting aisle (usually used for writing on cookies) and make cheese slices look like sports balls!


I actually bought all the ingredients to make this "sand pudding"-I'll post about how it turns out later in the week!

This is one of those ideas so simple and effective it leaves me wondering why I've never seen it before or thought of it myself: construction paper or cardstock shapes with names on them, held up by forks, as place markers
Source: trouwplaza.be via Jen on Pinterest

and I'm definitely going to try this next time I have baked goods to giveaway and can't figured out what plate to use: thread ribbon through an ordinary paper plate!



What great ideas have you seen recently?

1 comment :

Amy@Diapeepees said...

So much fun to play with fashion...good to see you on the no mom jeans blog...