Monday, August 20, 2012

Cure for the Mondays August 20th, 2012

On Mondays I post fun ideas I've seen in the past week or so that made me laugh, smile and want to create. I hope they brighten your day too, especially if you've got a "Case of the Mondays"!

Mac n' Cheese in a microwaveable mug? Yes please! I especially love that it uses real ingredients and would be easy to customize (I want to try it with lactose-free milk and whole-wheat noodles!)

And okay, I know August is too early to do pumpkins, but the mums are gorgeous right now and I think this is super cute. Might have to do one on my porch that Hubby is repainting and building a new rail for with his carpentry-savvy bro!

This looked like a better idea the other day when it wasn't almost 90 degrees, but I know cool weather will be back soon, and easy potato soup in the crock pot is right up my alley. I definitely want to try this!

Recipes like this always make me wish I could go to the store and buy 1/4 of rum, lol. It only calls for 2tbsp, so that's not worth buying a whole bottle, but I'm sure it adds good flavor. I wonder if a local bar would help me out? Anyway, this looks delicious and reminds me of apple cakes I had when I lived in France

I might be too lazy to actually make these, but they sure sound yummy. I loooooved having real fruit leather when I was a kid in my lunch but was never a big fan of fruit roll-ups, and I know these would be amazing to take in a lunch (or eat just for fun).

What ideas have inspired you lately?

2 comments :

yasmara said...

Most liquor stores sell tiny airplane-sized bottles of the most common types of booze (rum, vodka, etc.). I have bought them in the past for small quantities in recipes - works great! Look up front by the check-out counter. Sometimes they keep them in a case (too easily shoplifted)

Crunchy Con Mommy said...

Yasmara, thanks for the awesome tip! I never would've thought of that. One of the local grocery stores I go to has a huge liquor store attached so I'll check there next time I'm grocery shopping!