Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween Must-Have: Kidz Bop Halloween!!

I thought I was not a huge fan of KidzBop CD's in general, but decided to take one for the team and review their Halloween CD, Kidz Bop: Halloween Hits because I knew my son would like it. But then to my surprise, my monster from his slab began to rise I actually liked it too!

What it is:
14 upbeat Halloween themed songs sung by kids plus a spooky background noises track including:
  • Thriller
  • Disturbia
  • Candy Girl
  • Witch Doctor
  • Ghostbusters
  • Werewolves of London
  • The Addams Family
  • Monster Mash
  • Scooby Doo, Where Are You?
  • A Nightmare on My Street
  • Somebody's Watching Me
  • Purple People Eater
  • Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
  • I Want Candy

Who makes it:
Kidz Bop, maker of kids' versions of hot pop songs. You can follow them on Twitter as @KidzBop

What I loved:
I loved that they included classic Halloween songs that are great to sing along with, like "Witch Doctor"and "Purple People Eater". And I appreciated that they didn't go the easy/ route with just magic themed songs.

What my kid loved:
My son loves the whole CD and really loved having his own CD to request we play every single time we drove anywhere, but his favorite was the TV theme songs like Ghostbusters and Scooby Doo!

What I'd change:
A few of the songs weren't ones I would've chosen, especially "Candy Girl". It's not one that I am very familiar with, so it didn't bring back fun Halloween memories like most of the others.

The bottom line: Definitely worth buying and/or downloading for Halloween parties and to play while handing out candy to trick-or-treaters! (If you are planning to purchase just a few songs from iTunes, my absolute favorite was Monster Mash, so be sure to include that one...but you get more songs for the same price if you just download the entire CD rather than downloading half...)

Get it: You can buy KidzBop Halloween Hits online directly from KidzBop, on iTunes, or in many local retailers!

Thank you to KidzBop for sending a free copy of Kidz Bop: Halloween Hits for review purposes!  I received no other compensation for this post.

No comments :