Monday, November 26, 2012

Cure for the Mondays, Nov 26, 2012

On Mondays I post fun ideas I've seen in the past week or so that made me laugh, smile, and want to create! I hope they brighten your day too, especially if you've got a "case of the Mondays".

In honor of December and Advent both beginning this week (Saturday is December 1st; the liturgical season of Advent begins on Sunday, December 2nd this year), I thought it'd be fun to post my favorite Advent calendar and Advent wreath ideas. Tomorrow I'll post about the Advent calendar I'm working on for my son (it's a big felt Christmas tree!) and about what we are doing with it (activities instead of candy-or or some days, in addition to!) But for now, here are some of my favorites from around the web:

I love these brown paper packages tied up with string and clipped to festive clothespins for each day of Advent:

I think I know what activities I want to do with my son, but I'll definitely be checking out all of these great suggestions-I may want to change a day or two!! And I love the cute design of these cards for each day.

These muffin tin Advent calendars are cute and easy enough for even super-busy or not-interested-in-crafts moms!

And this was the inspiration for the felt Christmas tree Advent Calendar I'm making:

I think this Advent wreath is really cute (and I'd be tempted to make the construction paper candles shorter and fatter and put some battery-powered tealights inside each so they could really glow!)

What Advent traditions do you celebrate at your house?

No comments :