Thursday, January 3, 2013

13 Things I'm Excited for in 2013

  • A new baby! Hopefully arriving via VBAC early this year :) (any tips, well-wishes, or prayers are much appreciated!!! I'm excited but nervous, especially about the VBAC attempt part)
  • More new babies! I have several friends (actually, one of my best friends from high school, one of my best friends from college, and one of my best friends from grown-up life!) who are also pregnant and I'm very excited for them to meet their little ones too!
  • A wedding! A relative (I won't get more specific than that-my relative hasn't posted it to Facebook yet!) is getting married this summer and I'm super excited!
  • More weddings! We are anticipating being invited to several other weddings in 2013 for more distant relatives and for close friends. This baby is definitely going to need some dress clothes!
  • American Idol-so lame compared to the others, but I am excited that there will be some fun reality TV to tune into while nursing a new little one constantly this spring! I love singing, and it will be interesting to see how things go with the new judges. Personally I think that, whatever her personal shortcoming may be, Mariah Carey is undeniably one of the best vocal talents of her generation and should be able to actually have helpful criticism. Nicki Minaj on the other hand seems not very musically talented, but brilliant at showmanship and marketing! Both should be interesting as judges.
  • The super-cool Architextures fabric line. It's not too often that a fabric line comes out that screams at me to sew something for my 50ish year old engineer Dad!
  • Gardening-last year I tried a little bit of gardening and it mostly failed. I've done some reading and researching and I think I mostly waited too late to plant stuff and didn't water diligently enough during the drought, and will try earlier this year (especially my pumpkins!). Also, my son will be another year older and totally able to help lots in the garden! We will probably mostly do herbs and maybe a few small veggies in containers.
  • Sewing! Probably won't get much done when I have a newborn, but in general I learned a TON this year about sewing and even made my first ever quilt, so once the baby is older and things are more settled around her, I definitely want to keep creating fun things for my family and home and as gifts! Pre-baby I hope to at least finish up a pair of slippers I started sewing myself and maybe even a baby blanket!
  • A new car! One of our cars literally caught fire (I think they said it was a battery short or something) so we will be getting a new (at least to us) car at some point this year to replace it.
  • Babywearing! I didn't really learn about babywearing until my son was over 6 months old and I won my first carrier online. This time I plan to start almost right away!
  • New clothes! I already started using Christmas money to order cute clothes for postpartum. As the year goes on I should be able to fit in more and more cute styles! I'm especially loving leggings and dresses lately, so I've been on the hunt for cute ones with super deep v's I can pull aside or wrap style ones (again, for easy nursing access!)
  • Exercising! Most of 2012 was spent pregnant, so I kind of had to take it easy with exercise. I'm excited this year to do lots of hiking in particular (maybe I should spend some of that Christmas money on some hiking boots!) and swimming at my in-laws' pool (it's the best of both worlds-I don't have to do any pool maintenance, but can go swimming pretty much anytime I want! Hurray!)
  • Family! I know I already mentioned the new baby, but beyond the baby's arrival, I am so excited to watch my whole family grow into their new roles-my husband as a father of two, my son as a big brother for the first time, and to watch the baby reach lots of milestones. An early-in-the-year baby means I'll probably have a walker & talker by 2014, which is amazing to think when all I have now is a belly that looks like I ate a beach ball!
What are you looking forward to in 2013?

Happy New Year!!!

1 comment :

oldnewlegacy said...

Hello! I just wanted to write to say good luck with your VBAC! I had similar worries just a month ago, but I can now say that I'm among the VBAC success stories. Three weeks ago I had my baby, according to my birth plan. I wish you the very best during your birth and that it goes as planned! Although I'm still a little emotional about the birth, I do think it's worth it in the end (being easier on your body and the baby's.) Here is a post that I wrote about my experiences: http://oldnewlegacy.wordpress.com/2012/12/22/the-tale-of-two-births/ (if you'd like to read it.)