Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dark Chocolate Cookies

In an attempt to find a good chocolate cut-out cookie recipe to make heart-shaped cookies for Valentine's Day, I stumbled upon a recipe on the Hershey's website that didn't work at all. But after a frantic call to my mom ("Mom, what do you do if a cookie recipe is like totally dry and crumbly...should I add milk?1?") and then a few modifications, I ended up with something actually delicious. It still didn't work as cut-out cookies, but as round blob cookies, YUM! We decided it was kind of like if Oreos didn't have the texture of cardboard. Soft and fluffy, but also deeply chocolatey, these were a hit with everyone at our house! So without further ado, here's MY version of dark chocolate cookies, perfect for Valentine's Day, or any day!

What you Need:
  • 3/4 cups butter
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
What you Do:
  • mix wet ingredients
  • add dry ingredients, then mix
  • drop rounded teaspoons and flatten with fork or spoon
  • bake at 325 degrees for 10 min
  • eat copious amounts
I'm planning to try it with whole wheat flour sometime soon to pretend to make it a little healthier to consume like a dozen of them all in one sitting. I'll update this post with how it works (or that it doesn't) after I try it!!

3 comments :

Heather62 said...

This looks fantastic. Thanks so much.

Margaret said...

I am going to try these cookies today

Crunchy Con Mommy said...

They are really delicious. I should make some today too. My husband is on a business trip but will be back tonight after several hours of driving and I bet he'd be thrilled to come home to cookies!