Saturday, March 23, 2013

Bunny Bread

After seeing bunny shaped loaves assorted places, I decided to try shaping my Grandma's rolls into bunny shapes. It turned out adorable and delicious, so I wanted to show it off!

To make each bunny, you need:
  • A big oval (the torso)
  • 1 medium balls (the head)
  • 4 small balls (feet)
  • 1 tiny ball (tail)
  • 2 "snakes" (ears)

Make the dough according to directions, but after letting it double the first time, shape the dough into bunnies instead of rolls. It's probably easiest to divide the dough into 10 0r 20 equal portions and then divide those pieces into the body/head etc. All the pieces are pretty self-explanatory except the ears. Just make two long thin "snakes" and then make them into long U shapes and pinch the open part closed.

I let my preschooler do all of it except smoothing the bodies and heads and he was very excited to make the bunnies himself!


I made 9 bunnies and baked them at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. If I made 20 smaller ones I'd check them after 15 minutes.



No comments :