Friday, April 19, 2013

7 Quick Takes April 19, 2013


--- 1 ---
We found out our baby, who is almost 12 weeks old, has Down Syndrome. If you have suggestions of books, websites, etc I'd love to hear them! So far he is in excellent health and growing like a weed, so that is a huge relief, especially with a late diagnosis meaning not having important screening tests done right after birth!

--- 2 ---
Momma Jorje is super nice. She has a toddler with Down Syndrome and I emailed her for pointers after receiving our diagnosis. Her responses have been so sweet!
*And I just saw she blogged about me contacting her. Lol. Yay for bloggy friends!

--- 3 ---
I am so so lucky to have a supportive family. Both my husband's family and my own-immediate and extended-have been super nice and offered to help any way they can.

--- 4 ---
My friend who had her baby very early is in need of prayers for Baby C, who is back in the hospital.

--- 5 ---
My preschooler seems so huge and independent these days, sometimes I forget how little he really is when not being compared to a tiny new baby. But sometimes he'll request to not watch Aladdin or Little Mermaid because they are too scary and I remember...3 is not so very big!

--- 6 ---
Do you celebrate May Day? We do, and with all that's going on in the world, I think some small acts of kindness towards are neighbors are certainly needed! I'll blog about our May Day tradition early next week!

--- 7 ---
Did I ever show you my first ever quilt? I made it for my preschooler for Christmas, but don't think I've ever blogged about it.
 
 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!




3 comments :

jenny said...

Check out Kellehampton.com! Love her website! :)

girlvscat said...

Have you seen this blog? She has a sister with DS and adopted a daughter with DS. Im sure she would be a great resource.

UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA - IDUEHE said...

wow, so nice, keep it moving