Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cranberry Banana Oatmeal Cookie Bars

As a nursing mama of a newborn and chasing mama of a preschooler, I'm hungry pretty much all day, but don't have a ton of time for baking. These delicious cookie bars are quick and easy to make (no scooping and baking in batches!) and have enough healthy ingredients in them I don't feel too guilty about eating my fill! My preschooler loved them too.




What you need:

  • 1/4 cup butter (softened)
  • 1/4 cup white sugar 
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar 
  • 1 banana (mashed)
  • 1 egg 
  • 1 tbsp milk or rice milk 
  • 1 tsp vanilla 
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda 
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder 
  • pinch of salt 
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour 
  • 1 1/2 cup oats 
  • 1/2 cup Craisins


What you do:

  • mix butter and sugars
  •  
  • add all other ingredients except oats, flour, and craisins and mix well
  •  
  • add oats and flour and mix
  •  
  • add craisins and mix
  •  
  • grease 7x11 baking pan and spread batter
  •  
  • bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
;

My notes:

  • you can obviously use any type of "milk" you want
  •  
  • next time I'm going to try it without the white sugar. It was sweet enough I think it'd work.

No comments :