Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Colman's Zesty Salad Dressing Recipe & Mustard Review!

,One of the biggest kinks lactose intolerance threw into my culinary world was an inability to eat ranch dressing. But from that I actually learned two valuable life lessons. 1.) Dressings other than ranch are equally and occasionally even MORE delicious than ranch, and 2.) It's ridiculously easy to make your own salad dressing. In fact, it is kind of addictive. It's so easy and yummy and you end up using just a few healthy ingredients. It really has made me question why there are so many ingredients in store bought salad dressing, and how on earth it even caught on. I'm not sure I'll ever buy another bottle!
My new latest favorite dressing recipe is this Colman's Zesty Salad dressing, and Colman's Mustard was kind enough to not only send me the recipe and a sample of their mustard powder to try it out with but also let me share the recipe with all of you!!

Colman’s Zesty Salad Dressing
2 Tbls Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbls Olive Oil
1 Tsp Dill Weed
3/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp Lemon Pepper
1/4 Tsp Colman's Original Prepared Mustard

I mix it in my cream pourer that came with my fancy china (which I never use because I don't drink coffee), or a ceramic bowl, and I found making a half recipe is just right of when my husband and I each have a salad. The Colman's mustard definitely adds a delicious kick, which makes sense because they use a unique blend of white and brown mustard grown in England that gives their mustard a special zing. It's even been recognized by the Queen! I tried some in egg salad too and it added a perfect zip. The container of it is huge and most recipes only call for a tiny bit, so I know it will last me a long time, which is always fun. 

You can find out more about Colman's Mustard on their website, including a locator!
To stay connected and get deliciously mustardy recipes, you can also follow them on Facebook

I received free mustard powder to try this recipe, but received no other compensation for this post

No comments :