Friday, August 30, 2013

7 Quick Takes August 30, 2013


--- 1 ---
Boy #2 turned 7 months old this week. Hurray!!

--- 2 ---
Boy #2 has also finally taken an interest in actually eating solids! Pears are his favorite, but he likes sweet potatoes too. Mostly he loves eating with the family. He looks around to make sure we all see what a big boy he is!


--- 3 ---
Quinoa + chicken broth + frozen stir fry veggies is my new favorite super easy quick lunch. Definitely going into the rotation of meals we have often!


--- 4 ---
 I am on a quest to find the fluffiest wheat bread recipe I can. If you know of one please leave a link to it! So far I tried one, my standard half whole wheat sandwich bread, as a control, and I even made a video which I will post at some point!

--- 5 ---
I get to be a pattern tester for a super cute but totally boy friendly plush toy pattern and I'm so excited! Assuming it goes well, I'll ask the pattern designer to blog about my attempt and link to her Etsy store in case you want to make one too!


--- 6 ---
 I joined the Amazon affiliate program this week, so if you click through to Amazon from one of my links and buy something (it's not even restricted to the specific item I linked!), the price stays the same for you, but I get a tiny sliver of Amazon's profits! I doubt I'll make much money, but it'd be fun to make a little!


--- 7 ---
Is anyone else squeamish about cicadas? I know it's totally irrational but I just don't like them. I try not to let it show, but inside, I'm thinking "ewwwwwwww"! My son found 8 today and they are sitting in a basket in my living room. That's motherly love. 

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments :