Friday, September 6, 2013

7 Quick Takes September 27, 2013

--- 1 ---
Boy #2 will be 8 months old tomorrow! Hurray!

--- 2 ---
His latest tricks include sitting independently and playing peek a boo. He pulls the blanket over his face himself and its pretty adorable to see how much he enjoys controlling the game himself. 

--- 3 ---
He also started saying "dadadadada" which makes my heart melt. I'm pretty sure my husband likes it too!

--- 4 ---
 I ordered a skirt from Lands End Canvas and I'm so glad I did. It's even cuter and comfier than I had hoped. Now I just need to figure out what color of tights go with a really dark brown skirt. Any ideas?

--- 5 ---
We took our 4 year old (and baby, who mostly slept in a woven wrap) to some local museums this weekend and it was so fun and refreshing! I'm noticing more and more that Boy #1 really craves and appreciates time spent with him more than any other way of showing our love. 

--- 6 ---
I've been lazy and just got out the baby food maker to finally use it for this baby! I'd love to hear suggestions of your favorite baby purées or steamed diced foods for babies!

--- 7 ---
This Sunday is Michaelmas, and as a convert to Catholicism I have been wanting to learn more about the faith by celebrating some fun historic Saint days, so we are going to do something fun this weekend. Do you do anything for Michaelmas? I've seen a few ideas online, but overall it seems to be a pretty under celebrated day!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments :

Michelle said...

Love that age! I wasn't much of a baby food person...just mushed up whatever we had really good!

Crunchy Con Mommy said...

Isn't is a fun age Michelle? I try to do mushed up table food some too, but I don't eat much cooked fruits and veggies. I tend to eat mostly raw!