Friday, February 14, 2014

7 Quick Takes Valentine's Day 2014






--- 1 ---
Remember the fun "Love" wrap I talked about Wednesday? Well it's on sale today only because of Valentine's Day!!! You will automatically get 30% off on the Pollora website until midnight inn Europe (to be honest, I'm not sure exactly how far ahead of us they are, so order by afternoon if you want to be guaranteed to get that price!). Find the pink here, but they seem to have sold out of red already!




--- 2 ---
 I woke up at like 4:30 to the sound of my husband vomiting. Any suggestions for how to baby a sick Valentine? I'm rethinking my plan of dark chocolate brownies...
Also, cross your fingers it was the sausage pizza that got him. The rest of us had pepperoni. 

--- 3 ---
Next Monday at 9pm central there is another Natural Parents' Network Twitter party!! I'm not hosting this time, so I'll be there as @CrunchyConMom. The theme this month is gardening and there are lots of great prizes. Be sure to RSVP here-they always have a door prize they give to someone who RSVPs through the Rafflecopter form!

--- 4 ---
I just discovered "guided access" mode on my iPad and wow it's amazing. Full post on it coming ion because its one of those tools all parents with iOS devices should know about!

--- 5 ---
Yesterday I got my first fabric order from Girl Charlee in the mail and I'm SO excited about it!! I'm most excited about this:



which is going to become a maxi skirt for me to wear to play dates and such along with pink sneakers, plain white tee, and a cropped denim jacket. If it looks as cute in real life as it does in my head, I'll be sure to post pics!
  
--- 6 ---
I'm doing a fun commenting challenge this week through a group called SITS girls and through it have visited almost 75 other blogs this week. If you're visiting from that, welcome and have fun looking around, and don't feel like you have to comment on the most recent post-just find anything interesting to you! It's been a lot of fun checking out some other blogs I normally wouldn't have. It's given me lots of great ideas for small changes to improve my blog, and I've added some new favorites to my bookmarks!

--- 7 ---
And just for fun I'm going to brag for a second about the valentines goodies I made! 
Mini cherry pies





Felt heart sugar cookies

I'm sure glad I did so much fun stuff early if my Valentines are going to be sick today. I really hope that we are done with vomiting for today though...

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

9 comments :

Rhonda Ortiz said...

Stopped by via 7QT...

So sorry you have a sick Valentine! That's no fun. Hope he feels better soon.

Laura WelcomeToGrandCentral said...

So sorry to hear about your sick hubby. It's really going around. #SITSBlogging

Kristen Gillette said...

Hope your husband feels better!

Kimberly Curtis said...

I love your blog header! Thanks for sharing the Quick Takes! #sitsblogging

Crunchy Con Mommy said...

Thanks all! He's feeling better and only threw up the once, so that's good.

Kimberly-thanks! It's a basket of felt food I sewed by hand and embroidered with the virtues mentioned in the Bible as "fruits of the Spirit" for my niece as a Christmas present one year!

Laurie said...

Hope all are well at your house! What great pics of some good ideas. #sitsblogging

Krystal Butherus said...

Hope everyone feels better soon. #SITSBlogging

Krissa said...

Those felt cookies are super cute! I hope your husband feels better soon and the rest of you don't get it. Stopping by from SITS Girls ~Krissa (http://www.morethanmundane.com)

Crunchy Con Mommy said...

My husband was totally better by dinner and we had steak and potatoes and brownies and ice cream! It was wonderful!

Krissa-I'm so glad you like the cookies! Felt food is so fun and easy!