Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Dark chocolate cherry jello cookie recipe

Looking for an easy and yummy pink treat for this Valentine's Day? I've got the perfect recipe: dark chocolate chip cherry jello cookies!




What you need

3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1/2 cup sugar
1 3oz box of cherry jello
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks


What you do

Mix sugar and butter
Add jello and mix
Add eggs and vanilla and mix
Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix
Add chocolate chips and mix briefly
Form cookies on cookie sheet
Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes per cookie


My tips
Even with a mixer, this dough is very thick and you may need to stir the chocolate chips in by hand. If it is too dry add one tablespoon of milk or almond milk. 

4 comments :

Laura Hinckley said...

Definitely going to try these. I love the idea of the cherry flavor. #SITSBlogging

Lauren @ infinite.nu said...

Haha, I have not seen this kind cookie recipe before, I think it's really unique and looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for the tips there, love to have information like that in my recipes. How did these compare to a traditional cookie?

Stopping by from #SITSBlogging
Lauren

Leslie - It's a Coupon Life said...

Yum! Who would have thought about adding Jello mix to cookies! #SITSBlogging

Leanne Brewer said...

These look great! I've not seen a cookie recipe with jello mix before. Now I'll just have to try it! #SITSBlogging