To help me capture some authentic New Orleans flavor in my admittedly Midwestern kitchen, my friends at Char Crust and Nielsen-Massey vanilla sent me a few products and recipe ideas, and I can't wait to share them with you! On the menu? Cajun flavored chicken tenders with jambalaya rice on the side and vanilla beignet bites with vanilla-lemon raspberry jam for dessert!
Plus, read to the end to enter to win some Char Crust Amazing' Cajun Seasoning and some Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract!
What you need
Boneless skinless chicken breast
Char Crust Amazin Cajun dry rub
Nielsen Massey vanilla
Flour, sugar, salt, & other pantry basics
Jambalaya rice mix (I used a store brand)
What you do
- A few hours before you plan to eat, make the dough for beignet bites and let it rise
- A half hour before you'd like to eat, start the jambalaya rice mix and start heating the oil for the beignet bites
- Then, start making Amazin Cajun chicken strips using this recipe.
- Once the chicken is in the oven, cut and cook your beignet bites. I found it worked better for me to fry them at a slightly lower temperature than recommended by the recipe-between 325 and 350 rather than at 375.
- Let jambalaya and chicken rest for 10 minutes after removing from heat but before serving. Finish beignets at this time if you are not already done.
My family loved this meal. My husband devoured the chicken and my son devoured the beignets. I *may* have devoured both. The Char Crust really does keep the chicken moist and adds tons of spicy delicious flavor, and the wonderful gourmet vanilla from Nielsen-Massey really made the beignet bites shine.
One lucky winner will win some Amazing Cajun dry rub from Char Crust and some bourbon vanilla from Nielsen-Massey! To enter, use the Rafflecopter form below.
Thank you to Char Crust and Nielsen-Massey for sending me sample products to review and providing prizes to the winner of this giveaway!